Friday, April 13, 2012

Rachel's favorite actor right now is Leonardo DiCaprio. (Rachel just informed me that it isn't just right now, it's been like..... forever.  And will be forever.)   We have watched all the movies we have with him at our house over this spring break week.  What other films has he done?  We went to look and he's coming out with some new ones soon.  We also found some stupid list of the 50 best actors of all time...... we don't agree with half of them. So here is our list.

I don't think they are in any particular order and I'm also going to include some actresses as well.

Lawrence Olivier, Paul Newman, Gregory Peck, Jimmy Stewart, Dustin Hoffman, Kevin Spacey, Leonardo DiCaprio, Colin Firth, Johnny Depp, George C. Scott, Daniel Day Lewis, Victor Garber, Mandy Patinkin
Dean Jones, George Clooney, Noah Wiley, Dick Van Dyke, Danny Kaye, Richard Harris, Robert Downey Jr.
Jude Law, Tom Hanks, Heath Ledger, Christian Bale, Denzel Washington, Morgan Freeman, Liam Nissan, Gene Kelley, John Malkovich, Jeremy Irons, Sean Connery, Harrison Ford, Hugh Jackman, Meryle Streep, Annette Benning, Audrey Hepburn, Sandra Bullock, Renee Zellweger, Kate Winslet, Emma Thompson, Claire Danes, Julie Andrews, Olivia Dehaviland, Donna Reed, Vanessa Redgrave, Kathryn Hepburn,  Reese Witherspoon, Dakota Fanning, Gwyneth Paltrow, Geoffrey Rush, Judi Dench, Scarlett Johansson, Joshua Jackson, Timothy Dalton, Gabriel Byrne, Mary Tyler Moore, Sally Fields, Julia Roberts, Diane Lane.

Our crushes are:

Tom Welling, David Boreanaz, Michael Shanks, Hugh Jackman, Colin Firth, Colin Farrell, Zac Efron, Tom Cruise, Robert Downey Jr., Joseph Fienes, Robert Redford, Bernadette Peters, Meg Ryan, Reese Witherspoon, Natalie Portman, Amanda Bynes, Jennifer Garner, Leonardo DiCaprio, Jake Gyllenhaal, Richard Chamberlain, Ryan Gosling,  Marc Blucas, Neil Patrick Harris, Michaela Conlin, Josh Duhamel, Joshua Jackson, Josh Hutcherson.

This is not a comprehensive list by any means and we're not telling you who has crushes on whom.  You get to guess.  Try it out...... it might be fun.  Comment and let us know what your answers are.

5 comments:

  1. I think Ralph Fiennes should be on your list of best. Gwyneth, not so much, Oscar or not. Also, I didn't notice Adrian Brody? I think he's wonderful. Oh, I hate Julia Roberts, so I am biased about that one. Anthony Hopkins is another one that should be on the list of bests, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle, I agree with your choice of Anthony Hopkins. I forgot some really good ones. I also forgot Charlton Heston. I've not seen Adrian Brody, so I wouldn't know. Also, we need to add Richard Chamberlain to bests. This list is very subjective and I've talked to other friends about it and some agree with some, and disagree with some. It's all an opinion anyway and it also depends on good direction and script at times as well.

    I also forgot to mention Paul Walker as one of the crushes. And we're going to bump Reese Witherspoon off the list as well as Scarlet Johansson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your list makes me want to have a movie fest weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We also forgot Bradley Cooper. Actor and Crush. He is marvelous. Paige wants Paul Walker on crushes. I also need to add Matt Damon. What were we thinking the first time?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um. Put Reese BACK ON the list! She's so under rated! Um, you're missing one of my favourite crushes/great actors (you have Robert Downey, Jr. and Hugh Jackman, two of my contemporary top 3) -- John Cusack. And certainly it was a brain fart that caused the omission of Spencer Tracy...

    ReplyDelete