Sunday, April 1, 2012

I just found out that Scott's old love is coming to Utah in July.  A shindig is being put together.  So..... what do I do?  I guess I should lose about 100 pounds and show up in my glamorous clothes and whitened teeth.  Jewels would be needed.  Or I guess I could stay home.  Staying home might just be the thing.  Or this could be the motivation to lose some of the weight I need to.  At least for the day she'll be here.  It's such a dilemma.

Now onto more important things.  I'm so proud of my children.  They are doing their part to keep the commandments and learn more about the gospel.  Rachel is reading in the New Era.  She is also reading the Book of Mormon and being a kind friend.  She is trying to get the most out of school and seminary.  I'm so pleased with the progress she is making.  She just reminded us that Conference is in one minute.  She's keeping us on the straight and narrow path.

Some of my favorite highlights.  Two words:  Stop it.  Thank you Elder Uchtdorf. There is some much for me to stop so that I can go forward and on to a better me and to make my family life better and our relationships stronger.

Also, "Come Thou Fount" was so awe inspiring and really needs to be in the hymn book as does "Faith In Every Footstep."  I love the music in conference.  Elder Holland's talk, as always, was very significant to me and to others in my home.  Now to listen to the last session.

No comments:

Post a Comment